.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Genesis of a Historical Novel

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

arrival of books

The weather is perfect: sunny, crisp, with a fresh cool breeze ruffling the translucent leaves outside. It was the weather that made up my mind to go running. Today's run, shirtless in navy-blue gym shorts, was flatter than yesterday's errand-run, and much easier. The city was a great blue crystal of promise across the water, the sky a clear, rinsed blue. Back-to-school weather.

Today I was good for two pages. Even at that rate my project will eventually get done.

Yesterday, the coincidental arrival of two books: Emotion: the Science of Sentiment by Dylan Evans from Powell's in Oregon, and Salt: a World History by Mark Kurlansky from Amazon.com. The first I was put on to by a reference in the Grumpy Old Bookman. The second was sparked by my interest in commodities, recently reawakened by my reading of Coal: a People's History by Barbara Freese, which I am halfway through and very much enjoying. Salt of course was an important commodity in the period of my story.

As is my practice, I started both books during my afternoon tea, highlighter in hand. So far, I'm enjoying both. But the coffee-table stack is too tall; even I can see that. Time to chop it down to the eight or ten books I can realistically manage.


Labels: ,

6 Comments:

  • With the arrival of the new book you can find the better attention. With the field of the genesis and the historical nodes you can maintain the new field. You can also play with link of see this and can get the proper attention.

    By Anonymous Weak, at December 22, 2018 7:47 PM  

  • An arrival of the books is managed for the individuals. The change of the personality to read more is invited and anticipated for the individuals. The term is selected for the changes of the alteration for the persons.

    By Anonymous Gutka, at December 26, 2018 5:51 AM  

  • With the new session of the book, you can find the better field in this section. Get the better field ofthe time here with http://www.originalitychecker.net/ and maintain your voice with the better term. You can also enjoy the historical novel here.

    By Anonymous Butt, at December 27, 2018 1:22 AM  

  • It is a need of the time that we should switch to eco-friendly and minimalist furniture that is also space efficient . Thanks for providing the information here biowritingservice.com/how-we-are-writing-your-bio/.

    By Blogger Wilson Duncan, at January 18, 2019 3:54 AM  

  • This is an outstanding post! It has inspired me to be a better indiviudal. I love to travel and it makes me fearless and I realised the purpose of my life like go this site.

    By Blogger Wilson Duncan, at January 18, 2019 3:56 AM  

  • Good blog post, I am very happy to gain that type of post. All the straightforwardness and this click here to comfort in our lives have been brought by the data control and informative changes which has enabled individuals to do in that capacity.

    By Blogger Anonymous, at January 22, 2019 3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home