.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Genesis of a Historical Novel

Thursday, April 03, 2008

still on pause

I still find myself wanting to take a break from my Odyssey story, and indeed from my blog in general. The household has mostly recovered from the cold we caught, and we're getting back to normal.

I appreciate the interest people have shown in my story, and the fact that The Odyssey still has fans all these years later. It's still amazing to me, and very personally satisfying, to think that our little show has gone all around the world, and has been watched by millions of people--and possibly continues to be watched to this day. I'd love for it to be out on DVD, but I fear this will not happen on a large scale, since the rights to the show were sold on several years ago to a European distributor as part of a package deal. They may or may not even be aware that the show exists!

Thanks for reading, folks...


Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • Well, I read on the Odyssey's page at IMDB that a DVD is coming out actually. There is a post from some guy named Gary who works at Omni who said they plan to release it on DVD but it'll only be sold online.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 03, 2008 12:48 PM  

  • Just found this blog through facebook - thank you so much! It's really interesting to read about the history of the show, and fantastic that you're still willing to put new information about it out there. I was 7 when I started watching it and loved the thoughts and ideas behind it.

    Do you still have any contact with the cast? I was saddened greatly to read about the death of Ashleigh. Any idea what Illya is doing with his life?

    Hope you feel better soon!

    James M.
    jamesmarochian@hotmail.co.uk

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at April 04, 2008 3:04 AM  

  • I hope you will decide to start blogging again soon.
    Its been a real good read up so far.
    I dont know if parts of the original scripts are available to be viewed somewhere?
    Thanks for blogging :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at May 28, 2008 1:11 PM  

  • I watched every episode on the CBC in reruns (I wasn't allowed to stay up late enough to see the original broadcasts sadly) and I'm currently enjoying it on YouTube.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at June 02, 2008 7:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home